[phenixbb] B factor

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Sat May 10 07:47:43 PDT 2008

Hi Jianghai,

here is the copy from phenix.refine manual
(http://phenix-online.org/documentation/refinement.htm):

" When refining TLS, the output PDB file always has the ANISOU records
for the atoms involved in TLS groups. The anisotropic B-factor in ANISOU
records is the total B-factor (B_tls + B_individual). The isotropic
equivalent B-factor in ATOM records is the mean of the trace of the
ANISOU matrix divided by 10000 and multiplied by 8*pi^2 and represents
the isotropic equivalent of the total B-factor (B_tls + B_individual)."

If ANISOU records are present then the equivalent isotropic B-factors in
ATOM records are always derived from ANISOU as described above (in
accordance with PDB format).

I do not know if it is the same as TLSANL.

Pavel.