[phenixbb] B factor

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Sun May 11 10:45:21 PDT 2008

Hi Jianghai,

I see now. The problem is that if you do individual B-factors refinement
(no TLS) then the result will be affected by restraints. Ideally you
would need to do this without restraints, but this is not practical.

To obtain the estimate you want I would simply do group B-factors
refinement with one B per residue. In this case the restrains are not
used. It would be good to compare the results with TLS and individual
only refinement. Do it in two steps: re-set all B to Wilson B (or to
current average), then do group B refinement:

1) phenix.pdbtools model.pdb set_b_iso=25
2) phenix.refine model_b25.pdb data.mtz strategy=group_adp
Note, the default is one B per residue. You can specify your own selections.

Pavel.