[phenixbb] Windows version of Phenix

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at cci.lbl.gov
Fri Nov 21 08:36:51 PST 2008

Hi Graeme,

> This is a potentially heretical question I know,  but are there any
> plans to port Phenix to Windows in the future? Certainly having access
> to the command-line versions of the autosol and autobuild wizards
> would be excellent...

It is just a very pragmatic question: the wizards make heavy use of
unix facilities for managing intermediate files. It would be quite
a bit of work to make this portable.
(In addition, we don't even have a Fortran compiler for Windows, to
compile solve/resolve (required by the wizards). But unless someone
solves the first problem, this is a moot point.)

Ralf