[phenixbb] maps and autobuild

chandra bose cbose0001 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 08:55:58 PDT 2009

hello,

I am a first time user to phenix , and I have just completed the autobuild
function,.

My question may have been asked many times before, but..

The output after the cycles of autobuild/refinement gave me a refined file
for a 2.2 Angstrom data set with an R/Rfree of .28/.32.

I want to take a look at the density modified maps and see what I can adjust
further,  but am having trouble loading it in coot.

Am I correct in understanding that Coot can load and construct 2f0-fc maps?
if so How? :

exptl_fobs_phases_freeR_flags.mtz
overall_best_denmod_map_coeffs.mtz; overall_best_refine_map_coeffs.mtz;

Also from reading the manual, as I understand it, the phenix.refine command
will automatically generate Coot compatible maps.
But if I take my autobuild.pdb file and the original mtz data file, how can
I quickly obtain the same R/Rfree, what commands would I have to imput other
than phenix.refine mtz pbd?

Also, is it possible to make 3Fo-2Fc maps?

Thanks
Charlie