[phenixbb] SA_OMIT map at low resolution

Thomas C. Terwilliger terwilliger at lanl.gov
Tue Apr 21 06:40:39 PDT 2009

Hi Jin,

1. I think that the general answer to your questions is that omit_box_pdb
is good for omitting a single small region, or a series of small regions,
one at a time.  If you want to get a complete sa_omit map or many regions,
then skip the omit_box_pdb command and let autobuild make a composite omit
map covering the whole a.u.. Use the omit_box_pdb to define a single
region that you want omitted (such as a few residues or a loop...)

2. If you have ncs, you cannot conveniently delete all the copies at once
with omit_box_pdb.  You can delete the 4 copies one at a time by
specifying a list of omit regions however.

3. To omit a list of regions, do it like this:

omit_res_start_list="100 500" omit_res_end_list="200 600"
omit_chain_list="L M"

to omit chain L residues 100-200 and then separately chain M residues
500-600.

4. It shouldn't matter much if you turn off ncs while doing an omit map
because the ncs copy won't be used in density modification during the
process. However NCS will be used to restrain any coordinates.

Let me know if that doesn't do it!

-Tom T