[phenixbb] rfree checksums version 1.3 and 1.4

hari jayaram harijay at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 07:55:37 PDT 2009

Hello Ralf and eversone else
Thanks for your email concerning checksums.

Here is what I am seeing

I started with mymodel (model_mon19), ran one round of refinement against
newdatadmm2_unique1.mtz in phenix 1.4.3 with command line like the one below
.
Using the output pdb , I rebuilt a lot and renamed pdb to model-fri24.pdb ,
Now when I try refine using the same input mtz ..phenix complains about
rfree checksum mismatch again.

I am assuming that phenix does use the rfree from the mtz file
(newdatadmm2_unique1.mtz) and the checksum for the rfree entered in the pdb
should have come during round 1 from  newdatadmm2_unique1.mtz , so I  am a
little concerned that it complains.

The command lines I am using are given below: I only change the model , the
ncs definition file and the directory in which the refinement is run.
between runs.

Hari

phenix.refine newdatadmm2_unique1.mtz model-fri24.pdb
simulated_annealing=true simple_ncs_from_pdb.ncs refinement.main.ncs=true
refinement.input.xray_data.r_free_flags.generate=False --overwrite
ordered_solvent=true main.number_of_macro_cycles=10
strategy=rigid_body+group_adp+individual_sites
refinement.ncs.excessive_distance_limit=None
refinement.input.experimental_phases.labels=newdatadmm2_unique1.mtz:HLAC,HLBC,HLCC,HLDC>phenix_fri24.log

Command that wrote the checksum is same as above with model replaced with a
model that represented my initial build , untouched by phenix.