[phenixbb] poor phasing

Francis E Reyes Francis.Reyes at Colorado.EDU
Mon Apr 27 05:48:15 PDT 2009

I had a case of P 41 21 2 at 2.5A that had a perfect SAD map for
iodine soaked data. However, the R statistics were stuck in the mid
30's with over 2/3 of the asymmetric unit built (the other 1/3 at the
N/C termini and internal loop region remained disordered). Though it
didn't test positive for twinning, I considered perfect twinning and
scaled it to P41 with now two molecules per asu. A few (maybe 2-3)
residues could be built at the N/C termini and the statistics dropped
into the mid 20's  with NCS (due to lower symmetry).

I have yet to find a twinning test that can assess perfect twinning.
So you might want to consider it.

FR