[phenixbb] ruthenium parameters

Terry Lang terry at lego.berkeley.edu
Mon Aug 24 19:29:10 PDT 2009

Hey Everyone,

       I am working on an xray structure that contains a ruthenium.  I
have been able to use elbow to create a cif file that phenix can read
and refine without throwing error messages.  However, there is a large
amount of positive electron density after the refinement.  I am looking
into modeling coordinate waters, but I first wanted to check that the
ruthenium is being read correctly by phenix.  How do I figure out if it
is properly recognized (eg correct scattering factors, bond and angle
restraints, etc)?

Thanks,
Terry

--