[phenixbb] How to reload a project into the gui

Nathaniel Echols NEchols at lbl.gov
Fri Dec 11 02:39:23 PST 2009

On Dec 10, 2009, at 8:19 PM, Dirk wrote:
> during a phenix refinement  the gui froze and I had to kill the process.  After restarting the gui  the project I was working with was disappeared - all other projects are still there. Is there a way to reload the project into the gui? All files including the project folder still exists but are somehow not recognized by the gui.
> I'm using dev-249  64bit.

It should be impossible to delete a project without user input; there isn't anything in the code that would permit this.  Could you please send me the file ~/.phenix/project_db.pkl?  The only thing I can think of is that if you just upgraded to dev-249 from 1.5-2 (or any nightly build before November) before running refinement, the format used to store the project data has changed and something might have been lost in the process.

My guess is that if you try to re-create the project in the GUI, it will re-initialize the project's job database, so you won't be able to recover the existing data.  I can send you a script to restore the project, however.

Nathaniel Echols
Lawrence Berkeley Lab
510-486-5136
NEchols at lbl.gov