[phenixbb] Firefox problem

Nathaniel Echols NEchols at lbl.gov
Tue Dec 15 03:30:30 PST 2009

On Dec 15, 2009, at 11:21 AM, Phil Evans wrote:
> If I click the Help button on the Phenix GUI I get the following fail messages. What am I doing wrong?

Nothing - I'm pretty sure this is my fault.  We distribute Phenix with a complete build of GTK, since it's a nightmare trying to ensure that it will run with whatever is installed by the OS, and the launchers all set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to a location in the Phenix installation, thus:

> (Gecko:3603): Gtk-WARNING **: /lmb/home/public/xtal/Phenix/Phenix64/phenix-dev-2
> 49/build/intel-linux-2.6-x86_64/base/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libclearlooks.so
> : wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

So Firefox is trying to use Phenix's GTK, which is completely incompatible.  We saw something similar with Coot; I'll see if I can make the same fix work for Firefox.

Nathaniel Echols
Lawrence Berkeley Lab
510-486-5136
NEchols at lbl.gov