[phenixbb] B(sol) too high

Matthew Merski merski at blur.compbio.ucsf.edu
Tue Dec 15 15:53:30 PST 2009

 I am in the process of solving a series of protein/ligand complex
structures and ran the Polygon tool on the series.  I noticed that, in
general, even when all the other statistics were good, the B(sol) term was a
bit too high according to Polygon. (The structures with poorer statistics
also had high B(sol) values as well.) Since this is a series of multiple
structures of the same protein, should this be a concern for me? And if so,
what are typical causes of a high B(sol) value?

Matt Merski
Shoichet Group
UCSF