[phenixbb] phenix GUI freezing during refinement and file naming issues

Christina Bourne bournecr at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 22 09:35:58 PST 2009

I have a similar problem on Ubuntu 8.04 (nVidia card with X-server 11.0).  I only run as a local copy.  I can switch desktops and applications mostly, but if the computer goes to screen saver then it definitely freezes the gui.  It does happen on other occasions, but as near as I can tell seems random.

Is there a way to restore a properly completed job to the gui (or alternatively, maybe it hasn't completed properly, but it does create a pdb and mtz and other files)?

So far my fix is to stay near the box when running and jiggle the mouse from time to time.  It's nice to still be needed in the refinement process.  ;)

-Christina