[phenixbb] One adp per group gives very high variance between adjacent residues.

Kendall Nettles knettles at scripps.edu
Thu Dec 31 08:55:43 PST 2009

Hi Pavel,
 I am resetting the B factors in both cases. TLS definitely helps (does it every not help?).

If poor fit is the problem, why do I not see the variance with individual ADPs? I still don't think it makes physical sense to have one residue in a helix with an ADP of 100 and the next one with 200, which is what I'm seeing with the one per residue setting. With respect thermal motion, the adjacent residues are attached, so it makes sense to me to have their values restrained. I don't see how the rationale is different from individual ADPs.
Kendall