[phenixbb] TLS in phenix.refine_gui

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Sun Jan 11 10:11:30 PST 2009

Hi Nat,

- the file with TLS selections produced by TLSMD server is just a piece
of parameter file. I usually take that file and grow it by adding some
other parameters, such as main.number_of_macro_cycles, etc...

- I don't think it's a good idea to rely on file extensions... When you
run phenix.refine from the command line you can give it a file with
parameters and the name or extension of that file can be any. Why it's
different in the GUI?

- I think a prompt for a parameter file should be right next to the PDB,
data and CIF file fields in "Input data" section of phenix.refine GUI,
since it's pretty often that users have their own set of custom parameters.

Pavel.