[phenixbb] GUI problems

Felix Frolow mbfrolow at post.tau.ac.il
Wed Jul 1 07:52:04 PDT 2009

I have a problem which was communicated some time ago, but I do not know
if it was solved
I ssh  -X (or -Y) from one Mac to another Mac and trying to activate
any of phenix gui's I get:

[xray5:phenix.app/Contents/Resources] felixfrolow% phenix2
This program needs access to the screen.
Please run with 'pythonw', not 'python', and only when you are logged
in on the main display of your Mac.

it seems that not very many people have such problem as web is almost
empty when is searched for solution

Dr  Felix Frolow
Professor of Structural Biology and Biotechnology
Department of Molecular Microbiology
and Biotechnology
Tel Aviv University 69978, Israel

Acta Crystallographica D, co-editor