[phenixbb] Duration of a phenix.elbow run

Nigel W Moriarty NWMoriarty at lbl.gov
Wed Jul 1 16:25:48 PDT 2009

Dirk

That is quite a large molecule but it shouldn't take a few hours.  I'm
not sure what is happening but I'd guess that a convergence is failing
and the upper limit on the number of steps is too great.  If I was you,
I'd run it overnight and if that fails run it in another quantum package
to get the geometry you desire.  A different run MAY generate a
different starting geometry for the --opt option and that may work
better.  Each step of the optimisation should take less than 2 minutes.

Nigel