[phenixbb] can't find phaser_mtz.hand.mtz?

Tom Terwilliger terwilliger at lanl.gov
Tue Jul 14 08:17:15 PDT 2009

Hi PC,

I'm sorry for the trouble!  I'm not quite clear at what point the
error message came up, but I would recommend downloading a current
version of PHENIX from the web site (go to the "nightly builds" list
on the download site and get a recent one) because that error should
be fixed!

Once you complete phenix.autosol, then you should be able to run
autobuild with the results from autosol and it will do what you want,
combining the model with the experimental phases to yield an improved
map and model.

All the best,
Tom T

On Jul 12, 2009, at 11:19 AM, Pei-Chun Lin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am the beginner of crystallography and have a 3.5A map generated
> by MAD method using phenix GUI.
> I already traced and built 2/3 of my protein.
> I wish to use this partial model combined with SAD to generate a new
> map and see if the new map can help me to deal with the rest of the
> structure.
> Does it sound reasonable to you?
>
> However,  after running AutoSol. I got this error message:
>
> Failed to carry out AutoSol_score_ha_solutions:
> [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'AutoSol_run_1_/TEMP0/
> phaser_mtz.hand.mtz'
>
> What should I do now? Can't phenix automatically calculate it?
>

> PC
>
> Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync. Check it out!

Thomas C. Terwilliger
Mail Stop M888
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos, NM 87545

Tel:  505-667-0072                 email: terwilliger at LANL.gov
Fax: 505-665-3024                 SOLVE web site: http://solve.lanl.gov
PHENIX web site: http:www.phenix-online.org
ISFI Integrated Center for Structure and Function Innovation web site: http://techcenter.mbi.ucla.edu
TB Structural Genomics Consortium web site: http://www.doe-mbi.ucla.edu/TB