[phenixbb] Water/residue alternative conformations

Roeland Boer rbocri at ibmb.csic.es
Mon Jun 8 02:32:40 PDT 2009

Dear Pavel,

Thanks for the reply. I got it working, you were probably right that it
was an oversight.

I have a follow-up question concerning triple conformations: if I have
sidechain confs A, B and C and a water molecule sitting in the position
of C, can I phenix that it should have the 1-C occupancy (or 1 minus
A+B)? I've tried this:

constrained_group {
        selection = (chain A and resseq 595 and altloc A) or (resname
HOH and resseq 1033)
        selection = (chain A and resseq 595 and altloc B) or (resname
HOH and resseq 1033)
        selection = (chain A and resseq 595 and altloc C)
}

but it gave me an error (obviously)

Thanks,
Roeland.