[phenixbb] question about generating cif and pdb file using elbow

Nigel W Moriarty NWMoriarty at lbl.gov
Thu Mar 19 16:44:29 PDT 2009

Qun

Two things.  I think you will find a large group of people who will
disagree with your assertion that your refinement should not contain
hydrogens.  Secondly, can you tell me which version your are using?  Is
it 1.4-3?

Nigel

On 3/19/09 4:21 PM, crystallogrphy wrote:

> Hi,
> I am using phenix.elbow to generate pdb and cif files with the tripos
> format file:
>
>       phenix.elbow --initial_geometry egcg.mol2 --opt --output="LIG"
>       --pdb-ligand
>
> The input pdb file contains hydrogen atoms and the output pdb file
> also contains hydrogen atom. My crystal data only difftracted to 2.4A,
> so hydrogen atoms cannot be seen. In the refinement, my ligand should
> not contain hydrogen atoms. So I add one more option not to add
> hydrogen following the online phenix documentation:
>
>       phenix.elbow --initial_geometry --write-hydrogens=False
>       egcg.mol2 --opt --output="LIG" --pdb-ligand
>
> *However, the program failed. Does anyone know why?*
> Usage: phenix.elbow [options]
> *phenix.elbow: error: no such option: --write-hydrogens*
>
> --
> Qun Wan
> Department of Pharmacology, Case Western Reserve University
> 10900 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106
> email: qunwan1 at gmail.com <mailto:qunwan1 at gmail.com>
> lab phone: 216-368-3337

Nigel W. Moriarty
Building 64R0246B, Physical Biosciences Division
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Berkeley, CA 94720-8235
Phone : 510-486-5709
Fax   : 510-486-5909