[phenixbb] --unused_ok, .def, documentation,...

Frank von Delft frank.vondelft at sgc.ox.ac.uk
Mon May 11 05:44:35 PDT 2009

> Finally, I don't understand what the trouble is to run this command:
>
> phenix.refine --diff-params your_old_parameters.def >
> your_new_parameters.def
Because it does not make things clearer at all -- e.g. if you've changed
long TLS and long NCS definitions, they call come out.  And any comments
you might have put in your file don't show up either.

One suggestion:  support scripts.  For instance:  if I run things from a
script, parse the script name and set "prefix" and "serial" according to
that (rather than infer it automatically).

This way:
1) I can easily see the commands that gave rise to a set of files
2) I can include comments with those commands
3) I can format the script to highlight what I changed

Yes, I can do this anyway (and I do), but then I have to remember to set
"prefix" and "serial".

Cheers
phx