[phenixbb] Failed to carry out AutoBuild_build_cycle: Word too long.

Thomas C. Terwilliger terwilliger at lanl.gov
Thu May 28 05:43:10 PDT 2009

Hi Gino,

Yes, this seems to happen if your PATH is really long.  I have not been
able to solve the problem in general, but try this:

echo $PATH

and I am guessing it will be about a page long.  See if you can delete a
bunch of things from it, and then see if that fixes it (in all of the 3 or
4 cases people have mentioned to me where this happens, this solved the
problem).

You can also verify the problem by typing

cd /home/gino/XTAL/SYN/V1/DASETs/Se3/SAD/REF/
csh AutoBuild_run_2_/TEMP0/RUN_FILE_1

which should bomb immediately in exactly the same way.

Please let me know if that doesn't fix it!
All the best,
Tom T