[phenixbb] Mac OSX Phenix GUI

Miguel Ortiz Lombardia miguel.ortiz-lombardia at afmb.univ-mrs.fr
Wed Nov 18 01:40:21 PST 2009

Hi,

This is a question/request to the phenix developers. Are there any
plans to make the new phenix GUI to use an X11 python interface
instead of the Aqua one? The reason I ask is that we use Mac OSX
servers for calculations here and an X11 interface would be a lot more
appropriate for this configuration. That way users could export the
GUI to their local workstations. As it is implemented now this use of
the GUI is impossible on Mac OSX.

Before someone makes the suggestion: Remote Desktop simply allows to
share the only Aqua desktop that the server can produce, that is, only
one user can access the Aqua desktop, whether remotely or locally.

We would be happy to test any X11 version you might be willing to
develop.

Thanks for your great software, which we can use anyway from the
command line :-)

Best regards,

-- Miguel

Architecture et Fonction des Macromolécules Biologiques (UMR6098)
CNRS, Universités d'Aix-Marseille I & II
Case 932, 163 Avenue de Luminy, 13288 Marseille cedex 9, France
Tel: +33(0) 491 82 55 93
Fax: +33(0) 491 26 67 20
e-mail: miguel.ortiz-lombardia at afmb.univ-mrs.fr
Web: http://www.pangea.org/mol/spip.php?rubrique2