[phenixbb] PHENIX 1.5 and exploding residues

Schubert, Carsten [PRDUS] CSCHUBER at its.jnj.com
Tue Oct 6 04:50:59 PDT 2009

Tony,

are things exploding right out of phenix when viewed in another program
or when you do a real-space refinement in let's say coot? A likely
culprit is probably a  mismatch between the monomer definitions and your
atom names. Try to narrow it down to the residues/ligands which are
exploding, some of them looked OK in your picture, may be you have a
non-standard aminoacid present? Then check the atom names and residue
names against the monomer definitions. The monomer file location can be
queried with phenix.where_mon_lib_list_cif.

Cheers,

	Carsten