[phenixbb] Reflection count

Lucas Bleicher lbleicher at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 7 17:17:25 PDT 2009

I have been working in a pseudo-merohedrally twinned for some time, and I have finally refined the structure to a good model. By the time I was still struggling with it, I have noticed that there was a discrepancy between the reflection count in the mtz file and the one reported in the PDB, but since I stopped working on it for some months I forgot the issue, which was pointed by RCSB staff when I deposited the data.

The mtz file generated by phenix.refine using the export_final_f_model=mtz
option has 47331 reflections according to mtzdump. However, the "DATA USED IN REFINEMENT" section in the refined PDB says "NUMBER OF REFLECTIONS: 85360"

What causes this discrepancy?

Thanks in advance,
Lucas Bleicher