[phenixbb] Another questions: water for adp and partial occupancy

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Thu Oct 22 14:02:47 PDT 2009

Hi Young-Jin,

it depends on the resolution. At high resolution, say higher than 1.2A,
you may want to refine water with anisotropic ADPs. Also, water may
occupy a partial site or be in alternative position, so you need to
refine the occupancy. For example, there are plenty of such waters in
Aldose Reductase structure refined at 0.66A resolution.

Pavel.