[phenixbb] low resolution map

Tom Terwilliger terwilliger at lanl.gov
Tue Sep 8 07:58:44 PDT 2009

Hi Venkat,

You can combine your low-res phased data with your high-res native
data in phenix.autobuild using the keyword

hires_file=my_native_data.mtz

This will substitute your native FP and SIGFP, extend the resolution
to that of your native, and keep your experimental phases.

You should probably add a step to keep and extend your freeR flags:

iotbx.r_free_flags_completion_simple exptl_fobs_freeR_flags.mtz  2.8

where exptl_fobs_freeR_flags.mtz is your refinement data file from
your previous runs of autobuild (which contains your current set of
freeR flags). This will produce a file with JUST the extended freeR
flags. You can then combine this extended set of freeR flags with your
hires file most easily with the reflection tools in the current PHENIX
GUI.  Then use that hires_file in autobuild.

Let me know if that doesn't help!
All the best,
Tom T