[phenixbb] Optimizing the Geometry Weight for a 2.76 A structure

Phil Jeffrey pjeffrey at princeton.edu
Fri Apr 2 08:09:55 PDT 2010

More pertinent to this example is the s.d. of the R-free itself, i.e.

sigma(Rfree)/Rfree ~ 1/sqrt(Ntest)

lifted from Kleywegt and Brunger, Structure, 15 August 1996, 4:897–904
(but the original analysis from an earlier paper)

So for 1000 free reflections and an R-free of 24% the sigma is about
0.75% and exceeds the range of variation that you're seeing, i.e. not a
significant fluctuation in R-free.

Phil Jeffrey
Princeton

[snip]