[phenixbb] fix rotamers

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Fri Apr 9 07:48:31 PDT 2010

Hi Robert,

the error message tells me that phenix.refine needed more memory than
available on your computer.

In general, fix_rotamers is a memory demanding option since at some
point phenix.refine computes 3 maps at once: 2mFo-DFc, mFo-DFc, and Fc maps.

If you have an access to a machine with more memory you can run this
command

phenix.refine model.pdb data.mtz fix_rotamers=true --show-process-info

to see how much memory this run needed (the job needs to finish, and
look towards the end of .log file for the last memory footprint).

Alternatively, you can send me data and model and I will run the above
command for you.

Pavel.