[phenixbb] Phaser and normal mode analysis

Randy Read rjr27 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Apr 21 01:42:52 PDT 2010

Hi,

The normal modes only preserve the geometry for infinitesimal shifts, so larger normal modes shifts will perturb the geometry and introduce clashes.  However, since the lowest modes change the energy slowly, they tend not to introduce problems quickly, so most geometry issues will be relatively minor.

If you get a molecular replacement solution with a normal modes perturbed model, then you'll want to do some refinement of the model to fix up the geometry and relieve any clashes.

Regards,

Randy Read