[phenixbb] Phenix.refine in WinXP? - set path automatically?

Edward A. Berry BerryE at upstate.edu
Wed Apr 21 15:30:46 PDT 2010

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:

> You need to repeat this in each new cmd.exe (unless you are an
> expert and you somehow setup cmd.exe to execute cci_apps setpaths.bat
> automatically).

Not a windows expert, but one or the other of these might serve:

1. right-click on desktop, new shortcut,
enter for the command:
c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /K "D:\path to script which sets environment.bat"
set startup directory, fullscreen or regular window, close on exit,
select a suggestive icon for the shortcut
"OK" until you get back to the desktop, double click this icon every time
you want to run with this environment.

  (If "new shortcut" brings up a wizard, enter the above command in the
  textbox "type the location of the item" and finish. Then rightclick on
  the shortcut, properties, set anything else you need)

or:

2. right-click on "my computer", properties, advanced tab, "environment"
add any new variables and their value to your list,
edit the %path% variable under "system variables" (separator is semicolon).