[phenixbb] installing phenix on Fedora core 10

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at cci.lbl.gov
Wed Aug 4 17:08:24 PDT 2010

> Thank you.  I can't believe how easy that was.  My phenix.maps problem is
> solved.  It works as it should.  I was also having a problem in not
> getting a pdb or mtz to export for wxc optimization (see below) so I will
> rerun this tonight and hopefully everything will go smoothly.  Thanks
> again.
>   File "/usr/local/phenix-1.6-289/cctbx_project/libtbx/utils.py", line
> 666, in write
>     file_object.write(str)
> IOError: [Errno 5] Input/output error

This probably means you lost your "stdout" or "stderr", e.g. by
starting phenix.refine and then closing the terminal window or GUI. In
case you run from the command line and anticipate your terminal window
may not survive the entire run, it is best done like this:

  phenix.refine some.pdb some.mtz some.params >& screen_output &

If it happens when running from the GUI Nat may have more to say.

Ralf