[phenixbb] geometry weight and rmsd bonds - angles

Lionel Costenaro lcocri at ibmb.csic.es
Thu Aug 12 08:11:30 PDT 2010

Hi Ralf,

Indeed some bond length or angle restraint outliers are from the ligand when
refining with phenix.
However I don't think this is the problem, I give to refmac and phenix the
same ligand dictionary (cif file from ProDRG with link definition added with
JLigand). Refmac / phenix give me the following outliers >4 sigma : bond
length 0 / 6, bond angle 0 / 23, dihedral 23 / 13, chiral 0 / 0, plan 3 /13.
Clearly phenix is not doing a good job (R decrease, but not Rfree).
For refmac I'm using an x-ray weighting term (matrix) of 0.8, which is more
or less expected for 1.3A resolution.
I don't really know how to fix the weights in phenix as I never used it
before and did not find any hint in the manual or bb.

Lionel