[phenixbb] HKL_base

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at cci.lbl.gov
Mon Aug 16 16:15:58 PDT 2010

Hi Ed,

> MTZ-files generated by phenix (at least some of them) are missing the
> base dataset (HKL_base) which is a requirement since CCP4 5.0. Is this
> deliberate?

Could you be more specific?
The iotbx.mtz library I wrote should create the HKL_base pseudo-dataset.
But we also generate mtz files from solve, resolve, and phaser, which
use the raw cmtzlib directly. If you know which phenix application
didn't write the HKL_base it will save us some time reviewing the
various mtz writers.
Also, I'm curious to know where you run into difficulties with the
old-style mtz files.

Ralf