[phenixbb] Failed to carry out AutoSol_scale_and_analyze_mad: None of the solve versions worked

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Tue Aug 17 10:14:25 PDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 9:54 AM, Gino Cingolani <
Gino.Cingolani at jefferson.edu> wrote:

> Strangely, at home my latest version of Phenix finds absolutely nothing and
> quickly end with the following error message:

> Failed to carry out AutoSol_scale_and_analyze_mad:
>
> None of the solve versions worked

> To test is the problem is in our data, I quickly re-run 3 old mad/sad
> datasets of structures previously solved in the lab
> using the old (good) Solve and/or older Phenix versions.
> Sadly, all SAD/MAD searches quickly end with the same error message.

Are you sure you have C-shell installed?  I don't think Ubuntu installs it
by default, but the wizards still require it.  If it's missing, this would
explain why the older versions fail too.

The second thing to check is SELinux support, although I thought this
problem might have been fixed in 1.6.4.

> I then tested the 'p9_se_w2.sca' that comes with Phenix.. and once again
> the same premature failure.

I thought this didn't even use SOLVE (it is SAD so it would use Phaser) - is
it reporting the same error message?

I will try to test it on an Ubuntu machine later this week.

-Nat