[phenixbb] stuck with phenix refine

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Thu Aug 19 09:18:01 PDT 2010

  Hi Intekhab,

thanks for sending the files.

Your log file shows you are refining at 2.7A resolution and the
R-factors are 24/26% (which is not bad!), and the parameters you use are

   main {
     fix_rotamers = True
     simulated_annealing_torsion = True
     number_of_macro_cycles = 5
     max_number_of_resolution_bins = 10
     use_experimental_phases = False
   }
.

Try this instead:

   main {
     number_of_macro_cycles = 5
     ordered_solvent=true
   }
  ordered_solvent {
     mode = *every_macro_cycle
   }

Does phenix.model_vs_data confirms the need to use twin-target:

phenix.model_vs_data model.pdb data.mtz

?

Pavel.