[phenixbb] omit map with twinning?

Francis E Reyes Francis.Reyes at Colorado.EDU
Thu Feb 18 05:57:35 PST 2010

Nathan

Were those examples you computed earlier SA omit? That example looked a lot better than what I usually get. Do you have any pseudomerohedral cases?

FR

On Feb 17, 2010, at 4:56 PM, Nathaniel Echols wrote:

> My understanding is that this is considered bad practice, unless simulated annealing is added in to remove leftover phase bias.  It would be better to simply take the last refined model before any ligand was added and use that - but an SA omit map would also be acceptable.  (Experimental density, if you have it, would be even better.)

Francis Reyes M.Sc.
215 UCB
University of Colorado at Boulder

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 67BA8D5D

8AE2 F2F4 90F7 9640 28BC  686F 78FD 6669 67BA 8D5D