[phenixbb] refinement with fake mtz file

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Wed Jan 13 10:55:39 PST 2010

Hi Raja,

you should make sure that the fake fobs are real and not complex values.

I presume you used phenix.pdbtools to create fake fobs, then the example
of a correct command is:

phenix.pdbtools model.pdb --f-model type=real label=f-obs r_free=0.1
high_res=1.5

Note, the command above gives you Fcalc computed from atomic model:

Fmodel = scale * exp(-h*U_overall*ht) * (Fcalc + k_sol * exp(-B_sol*s^2)
* Fmask)

You can also add bulk solvent and anisotropy contributions to have full
Fmodel:

phenix.pdbtools pdb1akg.ent --f-model type=real label=f-obs r_free=0.1
high_res=1.5 k_sol=0.35 b_sol=50.0 b_cart="1 2 3 4 5 6"

The phenix.refine command below seems to be correct.

Pavel.