[phenixbb] Side chain refinement

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Sun Jan 17 20:05:35 PST 2010

Hi Esmael,

yes, you can do it in phenix.refine. In general, you can refine
coordinates, b-factors or occupancies of any selected atoms with any
available strategy (SA is an exception).

Example:

phenix.refine mode.pdb data.mtz refine.sites.individual="sidechain"

will refine the coordinates of sidechain atoms only, and B-factors of
all the atoms.

There are more examples here:

http://www.phenix-online.org/documentation/refinement.htm

including syntax for atom selections.

Let me know if you have any other questions or problems.

Pavel.