[phenixbb] merohedral twinned refinement

JXQI jxqi at mail.im.ac.cn
Sun Jan 17 23:34:19 PST 2010

Dear all,

I have a 2.3A data set processed with HKL2000. The space group is P3121 with 63% of solvent content and 1 molecule in the ASU. I used a 40% homology model to do molecular replacement. Both the Phaser and Molrep gave similar solution with good packing. After further refinement with phenix, the built model fit well with the 2mFo-DFc map. However the R/Rfree were stuck to 0.34/0.38.

I rechedked the data set with xtriage and found the data set is merohedral twinned (with twin law"-h,-k,l", the estimated twin fraction is about 0.05). When I used the twin law in further refinement, the R/Rfree were only decreased to 0.32/0.36. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!

J.X. QI