[phenixbb] K(sol) and B(sol)

Paul Adams PDAdams at lbl.gov
Tue Jan 19 19:04:07 PST 2010

The Bsol parameter will be influenced by model completeness (the B-
factor of the solvent will tend to account for missing scattering in
the atomic model).

Given that your R-values are somewhat higher than usual it is possible
that you need to complete the model further (adding ordered waters
that have B-factors higher than 25 for example).

On Jan 19, 2010, at 6:13 PM, J. Fleming wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a structure but am having problems with K(sol) and
> B(sol).  What are they and how do I get them into range?  I thought
> they might have something to do with my waters but I have no water B-
> factors <25.  Thanks for any help!
>
> -Jon
> <model_20_7.png>_______________________________________________

Paul Adams
Acting Division Director, Physical Biosciences Division, Lawrence
Berkeley Lab
Adjunct Professor, Department of Bioengineering, U.C. Berkeley
Vice President for Technology, the Joint BioEnergy Institute
Head, Berkeley Center for Structural Biology

Building 64, Room 248
Tel: 1-510-486-4225, Fax: 1-510-486-5909
http://cci.lbl.gov/paul

Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory
1 Cyclotron Road
BLDG 64R0121