[phenixbb] refinement with alternative molecules?

Su-Chang Lin sul2005 at med.cornell.edu
Wed Jan 27 02:50:23 PST 2010

Hi Ravel,
Thank you for the example.  I am using phenix.refine 1.6.  I tried to do occupancy refinement for the alternative molecules with ALTID. At the same time, I also want to use NCS restraints in refinement.

But I got the same problem as Joe Krahn had on Wed Sep 23 12:04:31 PDT 2009:
He said: "When NCS restraints contain a residue with alternate conformations, that
residue gets excluded from all equivalences, even if the selections
contain ALTID to avoid the redundant atoms."

The error message I got is "Sorry: NCS restraints selections do not produce any pairs of matching atoms".

I tried different residue numbers for the alternative molecules, still got the same error message.

Turning on find_automatically for ncs gave me the same error message.

Is it possible that phenix.refine thought that the residues/atoms with ALTID are different from they should be?

Thanks,
Su-Chang