[phenixbb] phenix-online.org web server issues on Friday?

Ben Eisenbraun bene at hkl.hms.harvard.edu
Tue Jul 6 09:44:51 PDT 2010

Hi Nat,

> Just to clarify, did anything actually break, or did it just print out that
> error message and continue?

The report was that it hung for some number of minutes and then the GUI
finally appeared.

> I hadn't thought about SBgrid when I added this - would it be helpful if
> I added an administrator feature to disable this sitewide?

That could be useful.  I do know that we have a few sites with draconian IT
policies that prohibit all outbound HTTP that isn't run through their
authenticated proxy server (yuck), so having an explicit timeout for
networks with fascist admins would still be a good thing.

Thanks.

-ben

--
| Ben Eisenbraun                              | Software Sysadmin      |
| Structural Biology Grid                     | http://sbgrid.org      |