[phenixbb] Selecting ellipsoid of data

Frank von Delft frank.vondelft at sgc.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jul 14 23:15:58 PDT 2010

Hi Ralf

Yeah, I figured.  So if I want to use cctbx, where do I start?  Just a
pointer to a) package and b) function where I'll see the syntax.

So equation for ellipsoid is x^2/a^2 + y^2/b^2 + z^2/c^2  = 1;  so I
imagine I take each reflection, convert each of h,k,l to 1/reso, and
with a = 1/res(a*), I just check whether the above is < 1.

The main thing I still need is to convert h,k,l into orthogonal
coordinates.... or do I?  I suppose I don't, as what I care for is not
whether it's "really" an ellipsoid, only whether it cuts through miller
index space anisotropically.

Hmmmm... I may be able to do it in sftools;  but if you can in <1minute
give me a link to where to look to get started in cctbx, that would be
awesome.

(Thanks for listening :)