[phenixbb] error on the latest phenix

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Tue Jul 20 03:33:23 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 6:09 AM, Jian Wu <protease at gmail.com> wrote:

> Today, I download the latest version phenix-1.6.3-473 and everything is ok
> during the installation. However, when I open the graphical phenix,
> something wrong has happened showed as below:
>
> ImportError: No module named wx.lib.dialogs
>
> Any suggestions and comments will be appreciated.

There are several ways to run into this error; one reason is if another,
older wxPython installation is "polluting" the environment.  This can happen
if you've set the PYTHONPATH environment variable, or you've modified
~/.pythonrc to extend sys.path.  Could you please send me the output of this
command?

phenix.wxpython -c "import sys; print sys.path"

It's also possible that the installation wasn't entirely successful, even
though you didn't notice any error messages.  Which installer did you
download, and which OS (including version) are you using?

thanks,
Nat