[phenixbb] A couple of questions regarding twinning

Pietro Roversi pietro.roversi at path.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jun 3 06:52:26 PDT 2010

Dear all,

A couple of questions regarding twinning:

1. The structure I work with has multiple twinning domains
(4 to be exact, with pseudo-orthorhombic 222 symmetry
induced by twinning in P1). I feed the autobuild script the
operators using a keyord:

input_files.refine_eff_file_list=mytwinrefinement.eff

(see attached file) but only the last one seems to be used.
Do I guess correctly that there is only provision for two domains
adn therefore the last twinning definition overrides any
previously defined one?

If so, is there a way of specifying and using multiple
twinning domains/operators?

2. Output structure factor amplitudes: are they
detwinned? Are they detwinned before the density modification
in resolve? and during it?

Thanks for any clarification/suggestions

Regards

Pietro