[phenixbb] is derivative data useful for looking for the missing part of the model?

Francis E Reyes Francis.Reyes at Colorado.EDU
Tue Jun 15 16:03:07 PDT 2010

> . My question is that if refine the model against the derivative
> data, will the heavy atom appear in the difference map if existing?

Yes

Using the model to find the heavy atom sites and then calculating
phases on those sites (without model) might help. ( I believe phenix
will output a phase combined map (model + experimental phases)).

Multi crystal averaging might help.

However, as you come from MR, you should try a prime and switch map on
the original data.