[phenixbb] is derivative data useful for looking for the missing part of the model?

Thomas C. Terwilliger terwilliger at lanl.gov
Tue Jun 15 18:54:24 PDT 2010

Hi Francis,
Yes, you can do that.  It requires one extra step to do the combination.
You need to make a script like the one below (see
https://solve.lanl.gov/Resolve/html_resolve_manual/resolve_sample_scripts.htm#merge_phases):

All the best,
Tom T

Merging phase sets with different origins

You can merge phase sets with different origins with this script. It uses
an FFT convolution to find the best allowed offset between the maps
calculated with the two phase sets. Merging the files REQUIRES HL
coefficients (see above for generating them if you do not have them).
Note: the FP and SIGFP in the output file will come from the hklin file
NOT the hklmerge file:

phenix.resolve <<EOD

hklin random_1_hl.mtz   ! File with target map (fixed)
labin FP=FP PHIB=PHIM FOM=FOMM HLA=HLAM HLB=HLBM HLC=HLCM HLD=HLDM
hklmerge random_2_hl.mtz  ! File to be offset
labmerge FP=FP PHIB=PHIM FOM=FOMM HLA=HLAM HLB=HLBM HLC=HLCM HLD=HLDM
hkl_offset_file resolve_off.mtz  ! The hklmerge file, offset all by itself
hkl_merge_file resolve_merge.mtz  ! The hklmerge file offset, then merged
with hklin

EOD