[phenixbb] AutoMR:Multi-subunit model

S. Saif Hasan sshasan at purdue.edu
Mon Jun 21 12:49:20 PDT 2010

Hello,

I have a membrane protein complex made up of 8 different polypeptides present in
two copies each (16mer). The asymmetric unit is the octamer, as determined from
previous crystallographic studies. To carry out molecular replacement with the
phases from the published structure in AutoMR, should I specify the coordinates
of the search model and its overall sequence identity as one file or should I
break it down for each subunit ? Also, for the asymmetric unit contents, should
I specify the sequence or mass of each subunit separately (as component 1, 2 and
so on) keeping the number of copies fixed at 1 ? There is no NCS.

Thanks.
--
S. Saif Hasan

Graduate Student