[phenixbb] NCS constraints in phenix

Kenneth Verstraete kenneth.verstraete at ugent.be
Wed Jun 30 08:34:07 PDT 2010

Dear all,

I am working on a low resolution dataset (4.2 angstrom) of a
multidomain complex. Using MR and density modification with NCS I
obtained map in which I am extending/modifying my MR-models for the
different domains. I tried to build the mainchain as a polyala model
(extending on my MR-models) and then refined my new model in
phenix.refine using torsion angle refinement.

I have fourfold NCS and I think a this point it would be advantageous
to use NCS-constraints instead of restraints. Is this possible in
phenix?

If I set the coordinate_sigma in de .def file to zero will this result
in constrained NCS-refinement?

  ncs
  {
    restraint_group {