[phenixbb] coot integration require coot with python?

hari jayaram harijay at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 14:36:27 PST 2010

Hi
Is it likely that the phenix-coot integration with the new GUI requires a
python infused coot ?. Although I have set the coot path correctly nothing
happens after coot launches .
I am using the ccp4 6.1.3 coot 0.6 (revision 2540)  [with guile 1.8.3
embedded] and phenix 1.6.289 on OSX snow leopard 10.6.2.

I know the ccp4 coot does not come with python scripting support ...the
pymol integration seems fine , but coot just sits there with an empty window
after a phenix.validate run.

Any ideas on how to have them talking to each other?

Thanks
Hari